Data Protection with Veeam
Backup & Recovery
as a Service with PeaSoup
Enterprise-grade data protection for virtualised and non-virtualised workloads.
Backup & recovery service protects your business against any security breaches, malicious deletion, theft and cybercrime, including ransomware.
Backup & Recovery as a Service (Cloud Backup) Features & Use Cases
PeaSoup provides a secure, reliable and cost-effective cloud backup protection platform for your backup copy jobs, business data, including Office 365 and more. With this service, in an event of data loss, you can restore it fast and with minimum disruption.
Backup & Replication
Safeguarding your data is critical nowadays, but doesn’t have to be hard nor complex. Backup & Replication is simple to deploy and easy to use and provides backup, recovery and replication for your critical workloads, apps and much more.
When things go wrong, you can restore exactly what you need, like critical data and applications that power your business, from the backup copy. Files can be restored from the file-level and volume-level backups, to their original location or to a new location.
With cloud backup service you can quickly recover an entire system or individual files and folders from backups, replicas, and array or VM snapshots. Or, perform an advanced granular search with individual object recovery for Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory and SQL.
Veeam Cloud Connect
Veeam replication (Veeam Cloud Connect) bundled with PeaSoup cloud infrastructure means you can build your Backup/DR strategy based on business objectives. Veeam Cloud Connect, with advanced, image-based VM replication, provides fully integrated, fast and secure image-based Backup/DR through PeaSoup cloud.
The “Insider Protection” feature safeguarding you against internal and external threats such as malicious deletion and ransomware. Any removed files are automatically moved to a safe cloud location and separated from your network (air-gapping). These files are not accessible to the customer or system administrators unless access is granted. Insider Protection with PeaSoup is included for seven days.
100% Ransomware Proof
PeaSoup’s air-gapped or “immutable” backups offer a powerful solution for being resilient against ransomware and other malware. Furthermore, having a replica of your backup, stored out of the reach of cyberattacks, utilising controls that ensure deletions or changes cannot happen without strict multi-level approvals.
Cloud backup protects VMs, servers, databases. applications and user data. Effective protection for everything on-premises and in the cloud without the restrictions or complexity of legacy backups.
Your backup jobs are being stored to the cloud using a standard backup repository or S3 type of Object Storage for longer than 12 months retention policies. Thanks to forever-incremental upload effectively providing source-side deduplication, customers incur only minimal cloud-based storage fees for offloaded data.
By moving to the cloud you’re removing all the costs associated with legacy backup techniques including software, dedicated on-premise servers, tape recorders and IT admin fees. With Veeam and PeaSoup you pay for the size of storage required only. This is a straight forward consumption model.
Cloud Backup Pricing Calculator
Cloud backup made easy - One storage One price
PeaSoup’s cloud storage is suitable for standard, and short & long archiving (depending on your retention policies).
- Includes Free Veeam Standard VM Licensing* and the must-have 7 days INSIDER PROTECTION (protects against accidental or malicious backup deletion)
- No Hidden Usage Charges
- No Ingress/Egress Charges
- Full Encryption as standard
*Other Veeam licensing such as Server, Enterprise Plus and Azure Cloud is also available
Simple Costs & Licensing
Onboarding & Management
How does it work?
5TB Free Veeam Cloud Connect
Industry-leading cloud backup. It’s free for 30 days so you can try & test fully.
Veeam Backup & Replication is a backup and recovery engine that provides simple, reliable and flexible protection of all your cloud, virtual and physical workloads. With many advanced backup, restore, replication and continuous data protection capabilities, Veeam Backup & Replication is your single solution for backing up your entire environment, on-premises, in the cloud or anywhere in between.
In simple terms Veeam Cloud Connect is a secure protocol that makes it easy to get backups and replicas off site to a Backup as a Service (BaaS) or Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) provider like PeaSoup without the cost and complexity of managing a second infrastructure.
S3 (AWS Simple Storage Service S3 or similar type of architecture) is a cloud based storage system, where you can store and retrieve any amount of data, anytime, anywhere.
Veeam Backup & Replication continues to expand its capabilities and now features many capabilities that were previously only included with other products. Today, Veeam Backup & Replication protects the following workloads:
- Virtual: VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV
- Physical: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac, IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris
- Cloud: AWS instances and Microsoft Azure virtual machines (VMs)
- Enterprise applications: SAP HANA and Oracle RMAN
- NAS file shares
Veeam Backup & Replication provides protection for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV, all with the same product. There are not separate versions required for each hypervisor. The VUL license provides support for all of the above hypervisors.
Core to any backup strategy you must consider:
- What is being protected?
- What is the backup frequency needed to enable my recovery objectives?
- How do you ensure things are ready for recovery?
When choosing data backup solutions, always make sure that your backup solution has an automated way to test and secure backup data for recoverability before it goes into storage.
- A “full” backup will copy entire blocks of all your selected data and will be the most time- and storage-consuming backup.
- An “incremental backup” will copy only the data that’s changed since the last INCREMENTAL backup and will be the least time- and storage-consuming backup. Post full backup recovery, each incremental restore since the last will need to be performed in succession to recover to the latest point in time.
- A “differential” backup resembles an incremental backup in operation but differs in that it copies all changes since the last FULL backup, resulting in a backup that is smaller than the FULL backup but larger than the INCREMENTAL backup. After the full backup recovery, you only need to restore from the latest differential to recover to the latest point in time.
Cloud backup is a secured environment that removes on-premise data storage vulnerability and helps to mitigate malware, including ransomware. In addition, cloud backup relives IT admins from a time-consuming backup tape strategy, improves business resilience and provides data compliance.
Yes. Depending on your use case, multi-tenancy is available.
Veeam partners with an incredible ecosystem of cloud and managed service providers to jointly deliver services to customers in over 180 countries. This includes:
- BaaS and DRaaS for the data center:
Offer on premises managed services, off-site backup and cloud-based, secondary site disaster recovery.
- BaaS for endpoints: Providing a direct connection to the cloud for remote worker laptops and servers.
- BaaS for cloud (PeaSoup, AWS, Azure, Microsoft Office 365): Ensuring that customers can adopt the cloud with confidence thanks to managed services that execute a hybrid- or multi-cloud approach to backup.
Veeam enables true license portability for workloads, whether they are physical, virtual or in the cloud with Veeam Universal License (VUL).
Licenses are sold in bundles of 5 for SMEs and 10 for Enterprises and include 24/7 Support.
Each license protects one or more workloads and can be moved from one workload to another with ease.
Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition offers an excellent introduction to the features and functionality of Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Community Edition delivers the same functionalities as Veeam Backup & Replication Standard Edition at no cost for up to 10 licenses.